- Winter Skin & Hair Care by Sheela N Kishore (Aesthetician ) @ Sheela's Salon De Beaute, Bhopal.
1. During winter start using a creamy cleanser. Cleansers, which you use to remove make-up usually, strip away moisture and during winter, this problem gets magnified.
4. Avoid skin products and hair styling products that have a high alcoholic content. When alcohol evaporates, it feels cool and refreshing, but it also strips away moisture, so opt for alcohol-free products, when the air is already dry.
5. When it comes to hair, if you're already dealing with dry, brittle hair, resist the urge to reach for the hair dryer. It'll only make things worse. Dry and style your hair with a towel, and if you still want to use a dryer, time yourself and try to use it a little less.
6. One of the biggest problems during winter are chapped lips. Use a lip balm with at least SPF 15 and preferably one with antiseptic agents to aid in healing. Some lip balm products are made with tea tree oil, which helps heal painful cracks.
7. Your hands, feet, knees and elbows need to be looked after too, during winter. Use products containing shea butter, petrolatum, mineral oil, tea tree oil or glycerin. For intense relief, moisturise hands and feet at night, and then slip on gloves or socks to lock in the moisture.
Skin & Hair Care Tips by : Sheela N Kishore